Wednesday, June 23, 2010

U-S-A!! U-S-A!! (ONS - Day 3)

This is so tense.  Yes, i know it's 2:45pm and the US-Algeria game is already over, but here at ONS we've gathered in the main room to watch a delayed broadcast.  It's still 0-0, with about 17 minutes left, and the tension is so thick in this room.
It took me a few minutes to figure out that picture.  Only 15 minutes left now.  I can't take much more.

I will say it has been a real treat to be so invested in the cup this year--a first for me.  It's been great to have a more global perspective for a few weeks, and I love the conversations I've had with people from other cultures on the mere premise of soccer.  And I love that I'm joining up with an organization, InterVarsity, that it so dedicated to pursuing justice and reconciliation on all levels, in the same way that soccer can seem to do.  Even if it's only once every four years.

Bradley free kick--gotta go!!

No comments:

Post a Comment